Dr. KWONG, Timothy Chung-hang
Programme Leader, AScAOAL
PROGRAMME INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Develop a broad theoretical understanding in airport operations, airline ground operations, and air freight logistics operations;
- Work competently at associate level in professional jobs in aviation and logistics industry and to pursue further studies at degree level;
- Develop a solid foundation of generic skills, including skills in languages, quantitative methods, information technologies, interpersonal interaction an communication, problem analysis and solving as well as in independent and lifelong learning;
- Examine the major socio-political, cultural and economic issues affecting aviation and logistics in the local, national, regional and international contexts;
- Relate major ideas in business, social science, arts and humanities, science and technology to aviation and logistics.
Further Studies Pathways
Graduates from this part-time programme are eligible to articulate to the part-time Bachelor of Science (Hons) Aviation Management programme of the Coventry University, UK via the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE) of the City University of Hong Kong.
Graduates may also articulate to different Bachelor's degree programmes offered by UGC-funded institutions which have admitted our past graduates from the full-time Associate of Science in Airport Operations and Aviation Logistics programme. For a comprehensive list of the programmes having admitted our graduates in recent years, please refer to the “Further Studies Pathways” of the full-time Associate of Science in Airport Operations and Aviation Logistics programme.
Graduates from this programme may take up para-professional functions in the airport, air-cargo terminals, airlines, international couriers, freight forwarders and shipping companies. Recent graduates are now employed in Civil Aviation Department, Airport Authority Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific Airways, Jardine Aviation Services Limited, Hong Kong Airport Services Limited, etc.
MAIN SUBJECT AREAS
- Airport Operations
- Airline Management
- Air Freight Logistics and Transportation
- Information Technologies and Quantitative Analysis
- Language and Communication Skills
General Education Courses
Four courses to be chosen from all of the following domains:
- Arts and Humanities
- Science and Technology
- Society and Organisations
Programme Specific Entrance Requirements
No programme-specific entrance requirement
Mode of Study
- Three-Year Part-time*
Kowloon Tong Main Campus
Room 6436, Li Dak Sum Yip Yio Chin Academic Building, City University of Hong Kong
83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
[Kowloon Tong MTR Station Exit C2]
Telephone: (852) 3442 8763
Fax: (852) 3442 0519
|The Hong Kong International Aviation Academy of the Airport Authority Hong Kong
is the teaching partner of this programme.